In today's digital age, social media has become a crucial component of any successful marketing strategy. This is especially true in the real estate industry, where agents and brokers rely on online platforms to connect with potential clients and showcase their properties.
However, simply having a presence on social media is not enough. To truly stand out in a crowded market, real estate agents need to develop a strategic approach that will help them reach their target audience and achieve their business goals. That’s why we’ve outline a five-step social media strategy for your real estate business that can help you build your brand, generate leads, and grow your business online.
That’s why we’ve created this five-step social media strategy just for agents.
1. Find your brand voice - The first step to take when creating a social media account is to find your brand voice. Building an authentic and consistent brand voice is crucial for success on social media. It also shows up in every action you take on social media – from designing your content, to writing a caption, to connecting with your followers.
So, how do you find your brand voice? A great place to start is by asking yourself questions such as: How do you want to be represented? What do you want to be known for? How do you want to show up, i.e. video? Reels? Static posts? Lives? Decide how you want to show up, and be consistent about it.
2. Determine your goals - After establishing your brand voice, the next step is to determine your goals. What is it that you want to achieve on your social media platform? Do you want more leads? More brand awareness? More followers? More DM’s?
A good rule of thumb is to follow the concept of SMART goals when setting goals. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. Setting clear (SMART) goals for what you want to accomplish with social media gives you a target to aim for and can help you achieve your overall business objectives.
3. Create trial and error content - Creating content to align with your social media goals can take a bit of trial and error. But that’s not a bad thing. Creating different types of content to see how your followers respond is the best way to find out what type of content your followers want to see from you.
So try out a meme and see how it does. Post a carousel – did it go over well with your audience? Did your followers respond well to your educational reel? Once you have a better understanding of which types of posts are getting the most engagement, you’ll have a clear direction of what content to create.
4. Engage with your community - When you create a social media account for your real estate business, you want to keep community at the forefront. After all, social media is about people connecting with others. Some of our best practices when it comes to engagement is to first and foremost respond to all comments on your posts. And reciprocity matters. You should frequently comment on your followers and competitor’s posts as well.
You’ll also want to be sure to check your DM’s at least once a day, and respond as soon as possible. You can also foster engagement through Instagram by using polls or question boxes in your stories. Just snap a quick photo of your work day and ask you followers a question about what you do, buyer tips, or what their thoughts are on the market. In the end, engagement is all about showing up and actually creating a community with your followers rather than just hitting post and closing the app.
5. Evaluate and improve - When using social media to help your business, you always want to make sure you are improving, not just staying stagnant (or even losing engagement over time).
A great way to ensure that you continue to improve is by frequently evaluating how the content you are posting is resonating with your audience. You can do this by tracking and analyzing your posts’ metrics. Are your posts receiving a consistent (or better yet increasing) amount of likes? Are they getting shared or saved? Are your followers regularly interacting with your posts? You also want to circle back to the goals you’ve created and ensure that they are being met.
There isn’t a secret sauce when it comes to being successful on social media. Instead, it’s the small, actionable steps we’ve outlined about that, if you follow, will help you to create a strong evergreen social media presence.
Still need help creating a unique strategy that will attract YOUR ideal clients, help you to grow, and be seen above other agents, all without the stress and major time commitment that social media can be?
Click here to check out all the ways in which a Pink Door membership can help you create an easy and sustainable social media plan today!